Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Few Goodies

Happy Thursday! 

It's a slow day at work this morning.  We're having lunch catered for employee appreciation day, and the caterers are setting up right outside my office window.  I'm hungry!  

Here's a few of the fun projects I've made.  

Terra Cotta Flower Pot Candle Holder

I made this for my mom for Mother's Day a couple years ago.  Ed had given me a Dremmel tool for Christmas, and I saw this idea in the guide book that came with the tool.  I used a sea shell stencil to draw out the shape on the pot, and then carved the shape out with the Dremmel.  I smoothed the edges with some sandpaper, painted the base and pot with basic craft paint from Michaels, and then decorated it with a variety of sea shells.  It looks really nice lit up.


Glass Fund Jars

I made a bunch of these little fund jars for my friends when NKOTB made their comeback.  I found these small glass jars with the lids at Walmart.  I made a window stencil out of a plastic stencil sheet, and sprayed one side of the jar with frosted spray paint, making the window.  I bought some glass paint from Michaels and painted the other sides of the jars using a sponging/dabbing technique. After the paint dried, I applied a clear protective coat on the jars, and then decorated them with different stickers and some ribbon.  I also printed out pictures of my friends' favorite band member, cut them out and put them in the lid. 


Side View
Top View


Bath Gift Set

These baskets were one of the first things I made to give away as gifts.  I picked up a bath soap and salt kit from Michaels and made different scents and colors.  I packaged them up in cute little jars and bags, and then placed them in little baskets.  I also added a few votives to jazz the baskets up a bit. I will admit, although these were interesting and easy projects, they weren't my favorite things to make. 

Alright...lunch is ready!  I've got some BBQ calling my name!  Post more later on.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,
    thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I couldn't find your follow box, so I bookmarked you! Looking forward to being bloggie friends!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew
    See my Stamps!

    ReplyDelete